My inbox delighted me this afternoon with tidings that I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award — for the second and third time. Writing Underdog and dreampunk geek, thank you for the noms, and everyone else please check out their fantastic blogs! These are two of my favourite sites, and being recognized by them is one of those warm-and-fuzzy feeling moments.
1. Copy and paste the award logo onto a post.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. List seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate five other blogs.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I currently have an awful head cold. I despise being ill.
2. At the moment, I’m addicted to the song ‘Porcelain’ by Marianas Trench.
3. Wet cedar is one of my favourite scents. (I’m recently discovering this, because in this Atlantic wetness I’m missing its lovely aroma due my clogged nasal ways.)
4. Vanilla is one of my other favourite scents. It tastes good, too.
5. When I started this blog, it was not intended to be purely a writing blog: I meant to include more Tudor content, bizarre fashion combos and trends, talking to trees, and more movie/book reviews. If you go back and read some of my earlier posts you’ll be struck by the difference in subject, and even the writing style.
6. When I’m feeling glum (more like Puddleglum in this rainy weather. Geddit?) I watch Whose Line is it, Anyway? on YouTube. It cheers me up immeasurably.
7. I’m going to Word on the Street on Sunday; this is my first WotS, despite planning on attending for the last three years, and I’m beyond excited.
My Lovely Nominations (in no particular order)
Can I re-nominate dreampunk geek and Writing Underdog? They deserve it.
1. Brian Rush – thought-provoking analytical posts regarding fantasy/SF world-building.
2. 20four12 – where I go looking for Fantasy and SF book reviews
3. ellisnelson – children’s author and blogger of things-I-didn’t-know-but-am-now-interested-in.
4. Mere Inkling – for fascinating posts on C.S. Lewis, his legacy, faith, and writing.
5. Lantern Hollow Press – some of my favourite posts of all time are written by this enlightening, witty, insightful group of people.
Happy reading/writing/blogging! Have any big plans for this weekend?