I woke up this morning to find that I had been nominated by Writing Underdog for the Liebster Award!
Here is how it works:
- Thank and link back to the giver.
- Answer the giver’s questions.
- ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
- Post it all on one’s blog
A gratified and humbled thank-you to Writing Underdog! Make sure you check out Underdog’s blog, where all writing underdogs are welcome.
Now, for the questions:
- How do you find the time/inspiration to write your blog? Good question. I’ll think about something I want to blog about (researching for a book or talking with trees) and work it out in my head while I’m doing daily chores. Once I get a few spare moments, usually in the morning, I’ll quickly hammer it all out, come back while I’m eating lunch, edit it, and post it.
- Favourite type of music? I’ve recently developed a hunger for classical music. Because it’s emotional music, but without lyrics, it helps me create a ‘zone’ for when I’m writing or thinking about writing. If you searched my YouTube history you’d find embarrassingly high amounts of videos called ‘Epic Music’ or ‘The Most Sad, Epic Music of all Time.’
- If you could meet any person, dead, alive, real, or fictional, who would it be and why? Anne Boleyn was the first name that popped up, but when I think about it I’d probably be lectured on my state of dress and religious tendencies than actually learn anything from her. And yet, as much as I’d like to meet someone like J.M. Barrie, C.S. Lewis or J.R.R. Tolkien, I still have to go with Queen Anne. I’ve invested too much of my time reading, writing, and dreaming about her to pass up the chance. She’s just such a mysterious, alluring historical figure, and I’d love to be the one who got that golden interview – ’Anne Boleyn: What really went down besides her head.’
- Do you play any kind of “sport”? (Including martial arts/sporting activities) I used to ride horses quite a lot, but now our horse is mostly a lawn ornament. I’ve also tried my hand at Quidditch. Yes, the sport from Harry Potter. It’s a real thing. YouTube it.
- Can you say Anna banana 10 times fast? No, but I can say it nine times!
My Nominations, in no order. [Sometimes it's impossible to tell how many followers one has...]
- I Dared to Eat a Peach
- Something Bigger Out There – I know I keep nominating you for stuff, but I love you, and you’re stuck with it!
- Diane Lynn Tibert McGyver
- The Songs We Knew – she doesn’t post very often, but her art is adorable.
- Dreampunk Geek was already awarded this, but I’m gonna nominate them again anyway.
- Would you rather receive a time machine, seven league boots, or a 10-pound chocolate bar for your birthday?
- What three historical figures (or characters) would you want to have dinner with? Remember that you’re paying!
- Preferred time of day, and why?
- Do you have a hobby (other than blogging, of course!), and what is it?
- What is the strangest notion, concept, or thought that ever crossed your mind?